Thursday, November 24, 2011

The maple leaf

Hello, everyone!
         How are you? I'm fine. The weather is sunny today, but it's very cold!
This morning we finished our maple leaves at school: do you like them?

Thanks to Amin, Gaia, Giovanni, Antonio, Luca, Laura, Caterina, Mattia, Anita, Cecilia, Francesca, Aurora, Federica, Pino, Cristiano, Edoardo, Alessandro for letting me take a picture of their leaves!
And special thanks to Kathy Barbro, the art teacher who gave me this idea, 
Batik-esque Maple Leaf Drawing
By the way, the MAPLE LEAF is the symbol of Canada. Look at the Canadian flag:


Here are the sugar maple's bark, fruit, leaf and twig:
And with the delicious MAPLE SYRUP you can eat wonderful PANCAKES... Yum Yum!
I have to go now: I'm hungry and my sweet hot pancakes are ready!
Bye, 
Clare - the Witch

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to Amin, Gaia, Giovanni, Antonio, Luca, Laura, Caterina, Mattia, Anita, Cecilia, Francesca, Aurora, Federica, Pino, Cristiano, Edoardo, Alessandro for letting me take a picture of their leaves!Online Nursery

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO LIKES MY LEAF.
    CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. You 're welcome, I' m happy you liked my leaf and used it! I hope other people in the world like it too. Bye, bye
    GAIA

    ReplyDelete